Sunday, February 01, 2009

Moroto

The Midland team had a great trip to Uganda and back for the dedication service of the church plant in Moroto. The journey took over forty hours and brought them through some beautiful countryside where they were able to meet many fascinating people. They had deacon Maluki and canon Dnzinkali (spelling?) from the ABC church accompany them for the "safari".


The ABC Macadara choir brought incredible song and dance to the celebration. Worship with the choir was a great highlight of the trip.

Rev. Alden Crain preaching at
the Moroto ABC Church, Uganda.
The team presented the congregation with a set of conga drums and percussion instruments on behalf of the Midland Baptist Church.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It is almost Saturday midnight in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, and I have been so captivated by your gorgeous pictures of Africa, that it has been hard to go to bed.

I began, hours ago, to gather some pictures to use in Sunday School tomorrow, as we are doing a mission unit on Kenya ("Life in Kenya" mural tomorrow). I am up to about 40 pix, and that is even with being VERY selective. Beyond Sunday School, I feel many connections to you and your work as my friend, Janice, is in one of your 2007 photos, as a member of the 2007 women's trip to Kenya. Also, our STM team is coming next month. Also, Malcolm and Patty are old friends.

I am going to pass your blog address on to the kids in Sunday School as it gives such a fabulous, current and colourful look at your life in Kenya- so far removed from a Canadian Child's reality! (My SS kids are the same age as your kids) Thanks for time it takes you to keep up this blog. it has been a real blessing to me to find it, as I have committed myself to more regularly and intentionally keeping informed and prayerful about your mission in Africa.

Blessings to your family
Wendy M
North Burlington Baptist Church

 

Post a Comment

<< Home