Monday, January 08, 2007

And more mud!


We weren't the only ones visiting Tim and Diane. Our friends and collegues the Carlines also braved the rain and floods and drove up on Friday afternoon for the sleepover. As part of the fun Tristan, Kalvin and Keenan all slept outside in tents. They were very brave and made it through the night without a fright.

Another interesting feature of this part of Kenya is the earth -- It is affectionately called "Black Cotton Soil". When it is dry it is as hard as stone, but just add some rain and it becomes like tar. The kids got good and stuck more than once, and so did we in the Bannister's van, but with the help of a tractor we were soon on our way again. We shared some good challenges as we lived out the team building that was the focus of our weekend conversations. We are so thankful for all of our team mates here in Kenya. Thank you all for praying for us!

This week Tristan and Emma begin school at Rosslyn and Erica and I begin our long check list of getting of getting visas, a Kenyan drivers lisence, bonded, language helpers, internet, telephone, and the list goes on.

God Bless!

3 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Erica,

How's that Tide Stick working for ya?
Love you all!

Kelly

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Greta said...

This is fabulous...I can picture exactly where you were from your photos. I think I may have even taken a picture of that skull on which Emma was working her dentistry practice.
I see that Watson has a new buddy...that should keep him young. And what's this about two (?) parrots. Does Kisuku have a mate?
Our WMS met tonight and of course, you were in our prayers.
Tristan & Emma...have a great time at school!!! I know you are learning lots of new things. Now you can make some new friends.
Blessings, Greta

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger M & M Waddell said...

Erica,

I can't believe it because I was going to say something similar to Kelly's comment - Great minds think alike, I geuss. Anyway, I really hope that you have your "spray and wash" or "Oxy clean" or something like that with you. I know how much you love stains and I am with you 100% on that one, baby! Oh well, looks like they're having fun and well that's the main thing, right? Melanie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home