Thursday, May 24, 2007

Its a jungle out there!

Our sister Autumn forwarded this to us,
and we thought we would share it with you all.


It's a Jungle Out There by Max Lucado

The story is told of a man on an African safari deep in the jungle. The guide before him had a machete and was whacking away the tall weeds and thick underbrush. The traveler, wearied and hot, asked in frustration, "Where are we? Do you know where you are taking me? Where is the path?!" The seasoned guide stopped and looked back at the man and replied, "I am the path."

We ask the same questions, don't we? We ask God, "Where are you taking me? Where is the path?" And he, like the guide, doesn't tell us. Oh, he may give us a hint or two, but that's all. If he did, would we understand? Would we comprehend our location? No, like the traveler, we are unacquainted with this jungle. So rather than give us an answer, Jesus gives us a far greater gift. He gives us himself.

Does he remove the jungle? No, the vegetation is still thick.

Does he purge the predators? No, danger still lurks.

Jesus doesn't give hope by changing the jungle; he restores our hope by giving us himself. And he has promised to stay until the very end. "I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matt. 28:20 NIV).

We need that reminder. We all need that reminder. For all of us need hope......

From Traveling LightCopyright (W Publishing Group, 2001) Max Lucado

3 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!


Linda

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Muriel said...

I visit your blog nearly every day and really appreciate your entries. You do a great job of keeping it up to date.
It was nice to see you had a visit to New Life Home. What an amazing ministry!! I was pleased to see a picture of Clive.
I especially appreciate this May 24th entry. A much-needed reminder for me. Thanks.
You are all in my prayers.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger autumn said...

Hey guys, I'm glad you liked the story! We showed your video on church on Sunday, and our church team shared abit of what they'd be doing in September.
We are praying for you everyday, and I miss you tons!
All our love
autumn and corey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home