Monday, January 07, 2008

Healing

A group of refugees from Eldoret were among the many who arrived in the city today seeking sanctuary. This particular group turned to the Karura Community Church where several of our friends attend: 28 women, 50 children and 14 men each burned out of their homes and forced to seek refuge outside of their home community. Over a hundred thousand Kenyans have become displaced by the violence of this past week. In Karura, the church community rallied together to turn their tented sanctuary into a tented home for this group of exhausted souls: we arrived to meet throngs of people carrying in mattresses, blankets, clothing, and food.

Thank you all so much for lifting up Kenya in prayer.

2 Comments:

At 3:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I will keep you and your family in my prayers

 
At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Aaron and Erica,
I travelled to Kenya last summer with Carla Nelson and I just wanted to say that you, all the mission staff, and the kenyan people are in my prayers. I am from Miramichi New Brunswick and I teach middle school social studies. I have been using your blog as a discussion point to begin each of my classes over the past week. My students have become captivated by your experiences and each day when they come into class the first thing I hear is "Can we check the blog to make sure the Kenny family is safe?"
I also heard your interview on CBC tonight so my students will be excited to hear that tomorrow morning. Keep up the wonderful work. Be safe.
Adam Hayward
Miramichi New Brunswick
adam.hayward@nbed.nb.ca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home